SBDM Meeting Notes: August 17, 2021
Hello LPAS Families and Friends! Below are my notes from the August 17th 2021 LPAS SBDM standing meeting.
Note: I’m one of two parent reprensentatives, so my notes are slanted towards parent/family topics. As far as notes go, they are probably incomplete, and are definitely not “official”. Official agendas and approved minutes are posted on the LPAS SBDM page and JCPS SBDM Council and Standing Committee Minutes site.
- Back in the school. “Everything feels sustainable” - Ms. Case
- Back to School Bash outside was a success. A number of families have never seen the inside of the school, which is sad, but we’ll make due.
- With only two weeks to implement Safe at School policies, Ms. Case is happy to report that students are following procedures and that teachers have done a great job getting ready.
- Welcome Tina Marsteller - our new Assistant Principal!
- We are starting a Culture & Climate committee.
- Racial Equity committee will continue, and act upon the “EMPT” assessment feedback we recently received.
- Ms. Graham has left over the summer. Roadblocks on two candidates so far, working hard to find the right fit. Ms. Bisinger is filling in well - and Ms. Case would prefer to keep her there rather than fill the roles with someone who doesn’t “fit”
Student Achievement Updates
- LPAS Cross Country had a very successful meet last weekend.
- KPREP data is “on hold” per email last week.
$60,000 was put into our “General Supplies” budget from district … hoping to use this for bigger purchases later (theatre stuff?)
Ms. Marstettler has revised and reviewed the school safety plan on file with the district.
Extracurricular Programs I had some feedback that while KHSAA is mentioned here, I was told that JPCS elementary athletics are under the perview of the school itself, and not JCPS Athletics. Also, KHSAA is
Future Policy Reviews We are to read Emergency Management, Wellness prior to next meeting.
Classroom Assessment Reviewed. No edits.
Improvement Planning Reviewed. No edits.
Primary Program Ms. Case would like to review other schools policies here before our next reading.
SBDM Elections and Replacements
The PTA holds our SBDM elections - so if families have questions on how / when that will take place, you should contact the LPAS PTA President. Traditionally, it has taken place during our Fall Festival in October, but there is also an Open House planned for September 23, 2021.
Kentucky Department of Education says that SBDM elections must be held in-person, as the state rescinded the COVID policies June 11, 2021.
See you in September!